The following images describe me as a consumer of media and tech products. Below each, I'll give a brief description of what each logo or picture represents and why it's important to me.
Delta Airlines: I'm a frequent traveler and their website is indispensable to me. I book flights and cars, and manage my frequent flier account.
Pandora: I'm a paid Pandora subscriber. I listen to Pandora almost exclusively - even above my 12,000 song iTunes collection. I don't like to have to take the time to organize my music collection. I'd rather someone else do it for me.
Nikon: I'm a pro photographer outside of school and own two Nikon digital SLRs. Their blend of image quality and ruggedness are just what I need.
Facebook: I'm a frequent, but not die hard user of Facebook, so it goes in the "Close to Me" category.
Triumph Motorcycles: My primary mode of transportation. Not exactly high tech, but important to me nonetheless.
Adobe Lightroom: As a pro photographer, this is the best image organization and editing suite. I spend 80% of my post processing workflow in Lightroom.
Netflix: I watch streaming shows on my TV, laptop and phone whenever I get a chance.
Reddit: My go-to source for procrastination, news, interesting facts, funny videos, and anything new on the internet.
What I Can't Live Without:
Gmail: My primary email account. Gmail makes organizing, sending and receiving messages easy.
iPhone: This is probably the single most indispensable tech I own. It's always within arm's reach and I access everything from email to BlackBoard to CNN to Facebook on it.
LTE: What's a smartphone without mobile data coverage? LTE is 4G data and turns smartphones into truly powerful devices.
Amazon: As a Prime member, I order huge amounts of stuff on Amazon. I'm not a compulsive shopper though - I subscribe to items I regularly use, and use Amazon as a more convenient alternative to brick-and-mortar stores. I average about 3-4 shipments per week.
Laptop: I currently have two: A Samsung ultrabook and an older MacBook Pro. They're the real powerhouses of information processing. I take the Samsung with me to class every day and I dock it at my desk at home with two huge monitors, a full-size keyboard and full size mouse.
Outlook: My laptop-based central hub for email and schedules - two of the most important things in my busy MBA school life.
Where I Get My News
When I Get My News
Regardless of the day, I usually have two large news downloads. First, as soon as my alarm goes off, I get my brain pumping by checking email, CNN, Reddit, Facebook and the weather on my phone. Then, later at night during my homework session, I'll check those same sources, plus Gizmodo, Jalopnik, DPreview and Best of Youtube for anything new that day.
Outside of those two times, I frequently check BlackBoard and business news during school, and catch up on Amazon, restaurant reviews and photography blogs during free time.
Hey Ryan - Nice job with this. It was interesting to see you interpret the "Close to Me" exercise as tech-related since some people went a completely different route - people, etc. I guess it just goes to show that even seemingly clear instructions can be ambiguous and interpreted differently by different people!
ReplyDelete